GoodFestival is an international event open to anyone in the world working on sustainable innovation. Innovators, Incubators, Accelerators and Impact Investors are welcome to showcase, network and partner to build a better world together. This Q&A section and the website are in English due to the international nature of the event.
We believe that celebrating human achievement is a good thing. Our aim is to promote projects, initiatives and individuals who are making the world a better place. For example, if you jump higher or run faster, you get a medal. If you excel in business, you get recognition. You innovate, you get accolade and your achievement contributes to the rankings of nations in various leagues and tables. But if you “Innovate for Good”, you probably spend most of your time either trying to raise enough funds to get the basics done or explaining your vision to people with a quizzical look on their face.
It takes a special type of person to go beyond random acts of kindness to devote a lifetime to building an organization that has a positive social or environmental impact, while also being financially sustainable.
Read more about “What’s Good?”
After speaking to countless Social and Sustainable Innovators we realised that the universal challenge they face is securing funding to make their innovation a reality. That is why for the GoodFestival 3rd edition, our objective is to support the Innovators in launching a funding campaign fast and effectively. During five intense days, we will hold a Collaborative Fundraising Hakathon, whereby innovators, supported by experts, will work together to create successful fundraising campaigns. The innovators will hear from inspiring keynote speakers sharing their stories of success (and failure). At the Sustainability Expert Marketplace, entrepreneurs will be able to find specialists to answer questions that they have or provide hands-on help in issues they need to tackle. They will work on developing a Professional Video Pitch, align the campaign elements to create a winning format, launch their campaign and follow up with a powerful, collaborative launch (also leveraging the GoodFestival Global 340000+ Community). Additionally, the innovators will have the possibility of winning a PremaGyan Good100 Medal and other prizes.
In the evenings, we will be able to celebrating more positive innovation through GoodFestival Open events, whereby musicians, artists, entrepreneurs can take the stage to showcase and inspire.
Realising that travel to Switzerland and accommodation can be expensive, we have been able to secure deals with airlines and hotels.
We want to support as many Sustainable Innovators as possible to let their Innovations take off. To that end we have set up the GoodFestival Ambassador Programme. If you are eager to scout innovators and have them join the ride, this might be for you.
If Hakathon were a dance, it would be the Hakka, the South Pacific war dance performed by the All Blacks rugby team before a game. Our goal is to bring the same intensity to developing and launching fundraising campaigns for Social and Sustainable Innovators. You will not be sitting back and listening passively. You will be working, asking, challenging, learning, doing, laughing, creating, building, showcasing, tweeting, posting to come out with concrete results that make an impact.
● Keynotes to inspire, encourage and enlighten you
● A series of elective workshops to help you strengthen your venture (identifying new opportunities, crafting your pitch, creating video presentations, developing your funding campaign strategy etc.)
● Hands-on support stations where you will find experts to help you with questions you may have (for example: legal, financial or pr) and practical hands-on help (think photographers, video makers)
● Collaboration with other social innovators who share their knowledge, experience and network
● And, above all, an on-site launch of your crowdfunding campaign whereby all innovators will benefit from the power of the group to promote their venture far and wide
● If funds are not much of a worry for you anymore, you are welcome to join the GoodFestival to learn from keynote speakers, participate in workshops, take part in the collaboration sessions, network, and be part of the buzz. We can, however, not provide you with free tickets as we need those for the innovators that are actively seeking funds. Click here to purchase tickets.
● If you consider yourself successful and would like to share your story, or provide some insights that could be valuable to other innovators, please get in touch with us here so we can discuss possibilities for you to be a speaker, coach or workshop leader.
If you are several people in your organization, you could consider having at least one member join on each day. If that is not possible either, please do get in touch with us and we will see how we can try make it work.
If you are still in the ideation phase – you are welcome to join as a paid guest. GoodFestival can provide a learning experience, where you will meet lots of like-minded people, hear about different projects, and possibly work together with other innovators. Click here to purchase tickets.
– You will have done a considerable amount of strategic thinking about your venture, learned a lot from experts and identified new opportunities
– You will have met a range of experts and like-minded innovators with whom you have been able to have deep and engaging discussions, perhaps even forged partnerships
– You will have developed and launched a funding campaign and gotten it under attention of thousands of people
– You might have won the PremaGyan Good100 Medal awarded to social and sustainable enterprises that are building a better world
Or you might have won one of the other Business Expansion packages offered by one of our partners (for example: a year of social marketing promotion support, financial compensation, in-kind support)
For the fundraising, you will be able to make use of our fundraising platform, OneMillionSparks. We do not charge any fees for the usage of our fundraising platform (you will only have to pay the standard credit card and foreign exchange fees on funds raised). And we do not charge anything for promoting or marketing your project via our different communication channels, including our social media channels and GoodPowWow online magazine.